Development Assessment Panels
The Development Assessment Panel (DAP) is an independent decision-making body charged with the role of determining certain development applications, in place of the local government.
Which developments are referred to the DAP
Developments with an estimated value in excess of $10m are referred to the DAP.
In cases were the estimated development cost is between $2m and $10m, the applicant can choose to have the development referred to the DAP. Single houses, or developments of less than 10 grouped or multiple dwellings, are NOT referred to the DAP regardless of value.
The Shire retains responsibility for assessing all applications and conducting any required community consultation.
Before a DAP application is lodged, the applicant must attend a pre-lodgement consultation with the Shire Planner. Please call 9191 0999 to arrange an appointment.
Steps to lodging a DAP application:
- Read the DAPs Applicant Brochure.
- Call 9191 0999 to arrange a pre-lodgement consultation.
- Complete application form - DAP Form 1 for new applications or DAP Form 2 to amend or cancel an application.
- Complete Shire of Derby/West Kimberley Development Application Form.
- Lodge the application and pay the required DAP Fee and Shire Development Application Fee.
Download a complete listing of fees and charges for Shire services and facilities.
Current, Completed and Appealed DAP Applications
For more information visit the DAP website.